Re: fetch/mail and xconsole

On Mon, Dec 08, 1997 at 09:47:03AM +0000, Brian Skreeg wrote:
  > 2. How do I direct program output to appear in this window? Before I
  > discovered xconsole I just used an Xterm to display whatever was sent
  > to /dev/console by just launching progs like...;
  > fetchmail > >&/dev/console
  > This doesn`t work with xconsole.

Use `logger' to write things to the logs (including the console, which
displays some of them.)  Full details in `man logger'.

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .