Re: PCMCIA modem is silent

In article <[🔎] Pine.GSO.3.96.971208173717.21681B-100000@kurango>,
	mark@ist.flinders.edu.au (Mark Phillips) writes:
> My friend's Toshiba laptop has a PCMCIA modem card.  When it is dialing
> the number, you can't hear it  - it doesn't make any sound.  I've tried

Toshiba laptops have a hotkey combination to control the audio output.
On my 610CT it is fn/f-4.  You might want to make sure that the speaker
hasn't been turned off in this way.  The modem monitor is, AFAIK,
independent of the sound drivers.

> Starting the Network Audio System
>
> Fatal Server Error:
> could not create audio connection block info

Does he have the sound drivers compiled into his kernel?
--
                                       _ _
Steve Kostecke                        | (_)_ __  _   ___  __