Re: 'make config' issues.

"Christopher R. Barry" <carrera-panamerica@sysanalyst.com> writes:

> I installed Debian several days ago and just learned
> today that the reason why my mouse doesn't work is because I need to
> compile support into the kernel. When I go to /usr/src/linux and type
> 'make config' I just get a bash error message saying that the make
> command was not found.

(That's "bash: make: command not found", right?)

The `make' command is (surprise!) in the make package, so make sure
that's installed.  (dpkg -l make)  I recommend `make menuconfig' over
plain make config, too.

While you're at it, install kernel-package and read its README, which
explains how to build a Debian package with your new kernel, which is
very useful.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

     "Trust Ivanova.  Trust yourself.  Anybody else - shoot 'em."