Re: BS in rxvt+ncurses

>>"Nathan" == Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes:

Nathan> Hmm, I'll regret saying this forever I bet :) Many lists like
Nathan> this one have an "FAQ" that gets posted semi-frequently.
Nathan> Anyone ever attempted this?  Are there good reasons for this
Nathan> NOT to happen?  Otherwise, we should accumulate FAQ type
Nathan> questions (and yes, i would consider doing this.  Only because
Nathan> I opened my mouth, not because I know all the answers)

Manoj> [Points out the debian FAQ]

Nathan> Umhmm, sure, it's a nice document.  Sometimes helpful, too,
Nathan> assuming one can find the latest version.  However, checking
Nathan> www.us.debian.org just now, and pulling up the Debian FAQ
Nathan> yields "28 December 1996".  Nowhere near as fresh as your "01
Nathan> May 1997".  I know it's from the package ... but let's face
Nathan> it, the deb package containing the FAQ isn't real useful to
Nathan> someone pondering/attempting a fresh Debian install.

	Touché. (or is it Touchè?)

Nathan> I guess my point was this: would it be helpful to either post
Nathan> that document to this list periodically (or at least to the
Nathan> newsgroup), and/or periodically post a message stating "The
Nathan> newest Debian FAQ can be found at http://.... , The Debian
Nathan> Project has scads of cool goodies at http://.... , etc. as the
Nathan> problem seems to be a lack of knowledge as to where such
Nathan> information may be obtained.

	I think that would be useful. Also useful might be a kind soul
 who could look through the archive of the debian-user mailing list
 and cull frequently asked questions and answers; and see if the FAQ
 needs to be updated. I'm sure that the FAQ maintainers would
 appreciate all help in this regard, and this maybe a cool way of
 helping the project.

 The Tempter masters the lazy and irresolute man who dwells on the
 attractive side of things, ungoverned in his senses, and unrestrained
 in his food, like the wind overcomes a rotten tree. 7

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .