Debian Installation Problem, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello!
Please help me, I'm new to Linux. My System is: 486 DX 33, 20 MB RAM ,
1.275 Conner HDD (part.: 500 - M$-DO$, 150 - / , 60 -swap, 300 - /usr, 100
- /home , ~150 - /var) Sound Blaster Pro and a Panasonic 2x connected to
it. 14.4 Modem. Floppies: 1.2MB 5.25", 1.44MB 3.5".

I installed Debian from the 1.2 floppy, and used this method until the
drivers disk was over, then I mounted the CD to /mnt and used loop to
mount the image file again to /mnt2 (My friend make the CDs for me, and he
just copied the image files to the CDs).

I had no problems until dselect started - and when I told it to use
previously mounted fs (or something like this) it asked me where the
non_free (or something like that) is and then where is the local dir. all
the rest of the CD was okay.

Now for the problems:
1) When I set the CD drive up it told me to that I should read
linux/documentation/cdrom/sbpcd and then configure sbpcd.h
the linux directory does not exists on my system, not does this file on
any other directory.

2) Although everything on the (optional) X11 section is installed
(checked twice.), the
file /usr/X11R6/bin/SuperProbe doesn't exists ("Installation and Getting
started" said it should be there), and maybe some other files I don't know
I need (BTW: no startx too).

3) I don't have the directory /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc, and don't have the
man pages for XFree86 or XFree86Config.

4) The file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg doesn't exists, the file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config is a link to /etc/X11/XF86Config, that
doesn't exists.

5) When I try to start x by executing ./X it says that it can't find
configuration file (This is the only understandable problem till now)

6) Why isn't . in my path? I don't want to execute every program by
./command. How do I put it in the path?

7) When I installed the installation process said I can't install lilo in
the / since it ends on the 1090th cylinder, will I be able to put lilo in
the MBR? Should I just destroy everything, repartition and install again?

8) I don't have the kernel source in where it should be (I can't remember
now, but you all know what I mean), and I can't (can I?) recompile the
kernel so it doesn't try to find so many things at the beginning. BTW: gcc
is the only program that I know that works (I didn't try something too
fancy but I think it was enough).

9) Here I would like to hear your opinion: I use C shell at my Uni. (here)
what is better C shell or bash? (I don't know bash, so take that into
consideration).

Thank you vary much!!! (BTW: I don't expect you to answer all the
questions/problems)

Liran Zvibel

P.S I wanted to register as a Debian user at www.slashdot.org and didn't
find where.