Re: Packaging Gimp .99.15

On Tue, Dec 02, 1997 at 11:20:05PM -0500, Wintermute wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
> KDE was an example of dependency problems.  However, as a proving ground
> if you like.. attempt to get the NIS version in hamm to work with the
> NIS available in bo.  It looks like a break to me.

Yes, I seem to recall someone else on the list explaining this.
Is is a temporary bug with hamm or is it just a new version
which is incompatible (and always will be) with the old one?
If the latter, it's not a hamm problem.

> And for the record Hammish I was stating opinion ...IMHO I don't like
> the looks of hamm yet to upgrade.  I'll WAIT until it's got most of the
> bugs worked out before I throw myself into the fray. I used to be

Fine. I just wanted to know what it is about hamm that you don't
like so far. The developers need to know what problems people
are having with the software and the packaging before it can be
fixed.

I started with Slackware 2.3, a couple of years ago. I upgraded
it by hand to ELF, effectively Slackware 3.0, eventually got sick
of the huge mess they called an OS and installed Debian 1.1.
Good move. :-)

hamish