Re: Giving Net access to Win95 workstations on my network

You might want to look into IP Masquerading. Go look at this page

They have lots of info about masquerading those packets through a
Linux box.

Timm Gleason
Hardware Engineer
N2H2, Inc.

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:24:01 -0000, Ian & Gill Watkins
<ianw@cyber.net.pk> wrote:

>How do I go about giving the Win95 workstations on my network access to the Net via my Linux box?
>They have TCP/IP installed and are using HOSTS & LMHOSTS files for name resolution. I can ping both ways server->Win95 , Win95 ->server, but the Win95 boxes can't see beyond the server. The server uses PPP for connection. I'm not expecting screaming service, but I want to learn...
>If this is detailed in a HOWTO please point me in the right direction.
>Ian W

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook
Timm Gleason  --   timm@bess.net  --   timm@n2h2.com  --  http://n2h2.com/
N2H2, Creators of Bess -- 1301 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1501--Seattle, WA 98101

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .