Re: local net problems

Thanks LeRoy, I'll have to go look at the other system but I know that I
looked at the /etc/init.c/network file.

I have two Debian i386 configurations here, one bo (the one I am now
using) and one hamm.  Everything on the bo system works.  The mystery to
me is that when things seem to be configured the same on hamm, the 3c509
driver did not load (I did finally find the source of that problem), and
I get that 192.168. address. I even tried grepping the whole /etc
directory looking for where that address could be coming from!

best,
-bill