Quantum UDMA Drive & Linux

Hi, it's me again, is this going through? The reason I ask is because
nobody has answered me or my questions? But I have a Quantum UDMA drive
along with a Gateway2000 UDMA controller card and when I try to insstall
Debian it won't detect any hard drives, or it will detect my internal IDE
zip drive as my only hard drive. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I really need a fix for it. Any help would be appreciative, thanx.