Re: yet another ppp problem

> Hello,
>      I am a new debian user.  I have had my system running for about a month
> now.  I am trying to set up ppp so that I can dial in to school from my home.
> I don't really know what I am doing, so like any good newbie, I poured over the
> /usr/doc and /usr/doc/HOWTO directories.  There seemed to be two different
> schemes running around the documentation.  One using pon, and the other using
> ppp-on (I am not really sure if they are the same or not).  Anyway, I have
> tried the latter approach.
>     I set up a /usr/sbin/ppp-on script

Hi.

Yeah. I had to do exactly the same when I was using Slackware :(
In Debian all appropriate files and scripts are already set up
for you:

those are /etc/ppp.options_out and /etc/ppp.chatscript

There should be no comments in those files!

Make sure to add in /etc/ppp.options_out the following options:

user Larry.Gariepy and (if you ISP uses PAP authorization) edit
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets  to add the following line:
Larry.Gariepy   *   <your real password>

After that start ppp with "pon" .

Alex Y.

--
   _