Needed Documentation

Hello,

I'm looking for a flowchart or something that describes the boot
sequence in detail... haven't found anything like that yet.

I'm a newbie to Linux, installed my first two systems this past
weekend and have tons to learn. I know the PC inside out and am
comfortable with OS's in general, have witten my share of x86
assembly and DOS tsr's.

I have no idea what happens during the kernel bootup, initialization
and the starting of processes. Mainly looking for which process
invokes what, and how and where control is passed around during
system startup.

Secondly, I'm looking for a breif but complete listing bash and
external commands.

Any suggestions pointing me towards specific online docs, faqs,
howto's or published books would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Chirs

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org