Eth0

I am trying to get my local lan going and cannot seem to figure out how
to make the kernal see the ethernet card. I am using a 3com 3509 and I
know that the driver is there.  When I use ifconfig I run into problems
such as "SIOCSIFADDR: no such device".  Eth0 is not even in /dev, so I
tried MAKEDEV -c eth0 and the error is "unkown device or group eth0".
Can anyone help me get this configured properly? I would appreciate any
input.

Thanks,
Greg Green
greg@advantagecom.com