ATAPI NEC CDROM Changer

Hi,

  I've been using SCSI for all this time for my Debian Box.
  Now, I'm trying to help a friend to install Debian onto
  his computer.

  I do not quite know how the ATAPI CDROM work.  I've alread
  gotten all the base install.  Now, I need to do the dselect
  and mount the cdrom.  However, it seems that the CDROM is
  not recognizable the the system.  I did  a manual mount:
    $ mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb1 /cdrom
  and it gives me some error:

    isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 04:41 iso_blknum 16 block 32
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb1
      or too many mounted file system.

  Please help!