Re: ATAPI NEC CDROM Changer

On Fri, Nov 21, 1997 at 12:07:46PM -0600, Timothy Phan wrote:
>   and mount the cdrom.  However, it seems that the CDROM is
>   not recognizable the the system.  I did  a manual mount:
>     $ mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb1 /cdrom

You have to specify the whole device for a CD-ROM, ie in your case it
would be /dev/hdb. Then, if your CD is master on the second controller, it
is /dev/hdc. I advise you to make a symbolic from /dev/cdrom to /dev/hd?

You have :

1st IDE controller
	master -> /dev/hda
	slave -> /dev/hdb
2nd IDE controller
	master -> /dev/hdc
	slave -> /dev/hdd

(You can also have a look at the kernel messages during boot time, which
you can review later with the dmesg command.)

olive
--
		Olivier Tharan, <tharan@int-evry.fr>

The determined programmer can write a FORTRAN program in any language.