Re: Where is the Local Guide to Latex?

>>> "HH" == H Huang <h.huang@usa.net> writes:

    HH> I saw one on our campus' workstations. The file name is
    HH> local.tex. But obviously there's no file by this name in the
    HH> Debian's tetex distribution.

`local.tex' means in fact `/usr/lib/texmf/doc/tetex/TETEXDOC.tex' or
`/usr/doc/tetex-base/tetex/teTeX-FAQ' under debian.  traditionally,
local guide contains information relative to the implementation of TeX
on the system in use.

IMO it's not really intended to new users, but rather to
administrators (for example, it answers how to add to the filesystem,
and where, the brand new XYZ style or font).  you can go on learning
and using LaTeX without it...

cheers
--
tibor.simko@aleph.dpp.fmph.uniba.sk