LILO problems with NT OS loader

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a problem getting my OS loader to boot Linux using
LILO.  I downloaded some instructions from www.windows-nt.com/multiboot on
this but they aren't working correctly although it seems like they should.

what I've done is first installed LILO in the superblock of my linux
partition like so:

lilo.conf:
-----------
# Start LILO global section
boot=/dev/hdd1
# compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
# install = /boot/boot.b
# map = /boot/map
delay = 0
vga = normal    # force sane state
ramdisk = 0     # paranoia setting
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hdd1
  label = linux
# Linux bootable partition config ends

but then when I run lilo I get this:

lilo:
------
interzone:/etc# /sbin/lilo
Warning: /dev/hdd is not on the first disk
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
Added linux *

I think this is probably the source of my problems perhaps
resulting from the drive's cyls being 1048.  could this be a prob
booting with LILO?  currently I am booting with a boot floppy that I
made with the slackware setup utility on the CDROM. this works fine but
I'd rather just have it added to my boot menu.

I read what documentation I could find on this but all I could find was
stuff saying I shouldn't use cylinders >1023 in my root partition.  If
this is the case I should still be ok.  a print of my partition table looks
like this:

fdisk:
--------
interzone:/home/rob# /sbin/fdisk /dev/hdd
The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 1048.
This is larger than 1024, and may cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software form other OSs
   (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/hdd: 16 heads, 63 sectors, 1048 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hdd1   *        1        1      996   501952+  83  Linux native
/dev/hdd2          997      997     1048    26208   82  Linux swap

Command (m for help):

after running lilo I then try to create a boosect.lnx file to point
the NT OS loader at by
	dd if=/dev/hdd1 of=/fatpart/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

I then added the line:
	c:\boosect.lnx="Linux"
to NT boot.ini.

When I select this option now all it does is start repeating 04 04 04 and
after each 04 my hard drive goes click.  not good.

sorry for such a long post. just trying to be thorough with all the
information.  any help/advice would be appreciated.

thank you,

rob

--
Robert Goodwin
rob@interzone.cuug.ab.ca

Warning: Listening to WXRT on April Fools' Day is not recommended for
those who are slightly disoriented the first few hours after waking
up.
		-- Chicago Reader 4/22/83