Re: LILO problems with NT OS loader

> ------
> interzone:/etc# /sbin/lilo
> Warning: /dev/hdd is not on the first disk
> Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
> Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
> Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
I struggled thru this myself recently. I finally had lilo booting NT. My
problem began when I added an IDE drive to an already installed SCSI
drive which had NT and Linux. Linux decided to call the IDE drive the
first drive:

How I solved my problem:
I installed a small / partition on the IDE drive and made lilo to boot NT
and Linux. I set the IDE drive as the first using the BIOS settings.

I don't know if this helps you but someone might find it helpful and here
is my /etc/lilo.conf

boot=/dev/hda1
delay=20
compact
prompt
timeout=40
vga=normal
root=/dev/hda5
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only
image=/vmlinuz0
label=linuxold
read-only
other = /dev/sda1
  loader = /boot/any_d.b
  table = /dev/sda
  label = nt

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	    http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa    (w) 27+21+6502816   (h) 27+21+6863662