Debian User's Manual

Hi!

Always wanted to contribute to the Debian project, but never knew how?
Please read on for some very interesting possibilities!

You may have heard about the Debian Documentation Project (or DDP for
short).  The goal of this project is to write a set of manuals for
Debian.  One of the manuals to be written is the Debian User's Manual
(not to be confused with the recently published Debian Linux User's
Guide :-).  Some time ago we started setting up this manual and writing
some chapters for it.  It's still in a rather preliminary state, but
it's definitely going somewhere.  However, there's quite a lot to
write about and only so little time.

So, we're calling out to you, the Debian users, to join this effort
and to share your knowledge about using Debian with others.  Any
contribution is welcome: just a few sections, a complete chapter, or
even a couple of chapters.  Although the DDP's documentation source
format is SGML (using the template and tools of the debiandoc-sgml
package), we accept contributions in other formats as well, so there's
no need to learn anything special for you to start writing now!

If you're interested in joining the Debian User's Manual team,
please contact me outside this list so we can work out the details.

If you want to know more about the DDP, see our home page at

	http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-doc/

or contact Christian Schwarz at

	schwarz@debian.org

Hope to read from you soon!