Re: xdm problems...

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Paul Miller wrote:

: On 13 Nov 1997, Ben Pfaff wrote:
[ snip ]
:
: > BTW, why don't you add a Reply-To: header?  There is no host
: > 3dillusion.3dillusion.com.
:
: damn.. I've had this problem since I installed BIND.  My email address
: used to only include my domain by default.. i don't know how to change the
: default mail domain..  for now I changed Pine's user domain.
:
: -Paul

I know I'm jumping into this thread late, but out of the corner of my
eye I've seen posts about your mail problem.  Have you tried to isolate
the problem by using elm instead of pine, or even "echo test | mail
whoever@somewhere.com" ??  If changing the user domain in Pine solved
your problem, then I'm not sure it's an smail problem ...

FWIW, I don't run smail. I run sendmail, and I'm preparing to try out
exim. Also, FWIW, your DNS configuration seems to be fine (I just used
dig and nslookup to check it out)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104