Mounting Solaris 2.5.1 partitions..

Hello all!

Just tried taking an external SCSI disk from one of our SparcStations
running Solaris 2.5.1 and connecting it up to my x86 Linux box.  The
SCSI chain recognizes that a drive is there, but, I can't seem to mount
any of the partitions on the drive.  It was suggested to me to use the
ufs filesystem for doing this.  I tried the following:
	mount -t ufs /dev/sda1 /disk1
But with no success.

Any ideas or reasons why?

Richard..