starting xdm

I'd like my system to come up running xdm or kdm.  What is the proper
place to do this?  Right now I'm just logging in and doing "sudo kdm",
but I've a feeling that there's probably a correct runlevel or something
to do this in.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|               You say "Love is a temple.  Love the higher law."        |
|	        You ask me to enter,  but then you make me crawl.        |
|	          And I can't be holding on to what you got              |
|	                   When all you got is hurt.                     |