Re: RPM packages.

> > checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> > /usr/X11R6/include
> > checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) no
> > checking for main in -lX11... (cached) no
etc.

> > Anyone know what is wrong here?
>
> Just remove the cache (./config.cache).

Removed it.  When I rerun configure it looks similar (just no
"(cached)").  It looks like it doesn't see my X libraries.
There is a frontend/Makefile in which I would hope would fill
in the line for XSCAN:

XSCAN   =
SANED   = saned

BINPROGS = scanimage $(XSCAN)
SBINPROGS = $(SANED)

with something including xscanimage, but it remains empty and
sadly xscanimage is not compiled.

--David