Re: RPM packages.

"David R. Kohel" <kohel@math.nus.edu.sg> writes:

> I'm trying to install "sane" (Scanner Access Now Easy) using
> rpm packages for the gtk+ (Gimp Tool Kit) and sane binaries.

> I see that in hamm I have the libgtk1 libraries and libgtk-dev.
> Can I use these without a complete upgrade to libc6?

Yes, you can do a partial upgrade - see the libc6 upgrade
insrutctions that are periodically posted to the list.

Or, you might prefer to rebuild the libgtk1 package under libc5.

FWIW, I was able to compile SANE on my system running 'unstable'
with no problems.  Works great with my HP ScanJet 4c.

I may do a package someday, but I am over-committed already.

Cheers,

 - Jim