Re: dpkg won't remove nfsroot

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> >      I have a misconfigured or partially configured nfsroot on my disk
> > that is marked 'purge' in dselect.  Both dselect and 'dpkg
> > --force-remove-reinstreq -r nfsroot' give the following response:
>
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/nfsroot.prerm: /etc/init.d/bind: No such file or
>
> Oops, right. nfsroot needs a "bind" dependancy.
>
> Just filed a bug against the package. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why would nfsroot depend on bind?

I was running it without bind with no problems a few months
ago.   What part of the functionality breaks without bind?
If its just the prerm script, maybe just the prerm script
needs fixin'.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto