Re: dselect & other install issues.

04 Nov 1997 11:09:13 -0500,  Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>> As expected the program starting flying throught the list of programs
>> but it never seemed to stop. My screen saver activated twice as I was
>> waiting for the program to stop. I'm not sure what the default time
>> the screensaver is set to but it took ages before I decided that the
>> program was in an infinite loop and pressed Ctrl-C to cancel.
>
>I have noticed that this always seems to occur with the CD set
>provided by one particular manufacturer, I can't remember which at the
>moment.  I eventually just gave up on their 1.3.1 and used my other CD
>set, the one for 1.3.0.

My CDs came from Linux Software Labs if that rings any bells. I'm
inclined to blame myself for the problem at this stage though. I might
content myself with dpkg for a while and brush up on my typing skills.

Sometimes those "8.3" DOS filenames don't seem too bad :-)

Oh and my previous claim of getting netscape running have proven to be
false. Getting a program to start is not equivalent to getting it to
work.  I've installed 3 different versions now and given up on all of
them.

(John now looks at the calendar and sees that he has 10 days to study
for 3 exams and wonders why he is playing with Linux until 3:50am)