Re: Thanks for the help with compiling a new kernel... BUT!

Thalia L. Hooker wrote:
 > Hi,

 > I tried the kernel package and compilation went fine except it didn't seem
 > to compile any of the new modules even though I requested SCSI support,
 > SCSI disk support, and the driver AHA152x. I say this because when I
 > noticed it had not detected any scsi hosts, I searched for a file:
 > aha152x.o and didn't see anything like it on the whole hard drive.

 > CONFIG_SCSI_AHA152X=Y

Looks like you've compiled it in, shouldn't it be "M" for module?
It still doesn't explain why SCSI is not being detected, perhaps
you need to add some command-line options?

 > - If I add new RAM to my system, do I need to recompile the kernel for it
 > to be able to use all of it?

You may need to tell kernel mem=24M (see LILO docs) if your bios doesn't
report > 16 Mb.

HTH

--
Dimitri