ppp-2.3.1 is slow than ppp-2.2.0f

Hi,

Is it me or ppp-2.3.1 in the hamm is a lot slower than ppp-2.2.0f in bo? When I
used 2.3.1, I couldn't get the connection to go faster than 850b/s, but with
2.2.0f, I can get 2.4+kb/s in netscape. This is from same site and same file in
minutes of each other. Should this go into bug report? BTW, I didn't change
anything but just install ppp-2.2.0f and keeping old scripts.

Just wondering,
David