Re: RealPlayer

Matt Thompson wrote:

> I'm trying to set this up.  The instructions say:
>
> If you are using the ksh, bash, or bsh shell, add the
>      following command to your .profile file:
>
>      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/rvplayer5.0b1
>      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> ...so I added that to my .bash_profile and it doesn't work.
>
> What I'd actually like to do is have rvplayer be world readable so that
> any user on my machine can use it.  I know that I would need to make
> entries into /etc/profile, but how would I modify the above to do so?

  Using the GNU stow program, here's how I have it setup on my system:
(the ./ is really /usr/local/stow/realplayer)

./lib
./lib/raplayer
./lib/raplayer/libdecdnet.so
./lib/raplayer/libra14_4.so
./lib/raplayer/libra28_8.so
./lib/raplayer/libradnet.so
./lib/raplayer/librarv10.so
./lib/raplayer/librasipr.so
./lib/raplayer/librv10dec.so
./lib/raplayer/rvplayer
./bin
./bin/ra

  .. and here is the contents of bin/ra:

#!/bin/sh

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/raplayer" /usr/local/lib/raplayer/rvplayer $*

  In netscape, I set it up to use '/usr/local/bin/ra %s' as the program to
run for .rm, .ra, and .ram files.

  It works for me [tm], but I'm sure there are other/better ways to do it.

--
Paul Haggart - Sysadmin, Uniquest Online Services - Debian Linux - PGP D61313E9
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was