Re: PCMCIA/kernel problems

miller5@uiuc.edu (Mike Miller) writes:

> After making a new kernel (using make-kpkg and so on, as
> specified in /usr/doc/kernel-source-<version>/debian.README), you
> will have to make a new set of pcmcia modules.  Instructions are
> in /usr/doc/pcmcia-source/README.  If you make both the kernel
> and the pcmcia modules according to the Debian documentation
> (which is somewhat different than what you'll find in the kernel
> and pcmcia HOWTO's), then the new modules should work fine.

Correct.  The pcmcia-modules-KV package should be rebuilt to accompany
the newly configured kernel that you have built.

> Here's a related question - where is the SCHEME variable set in a
> Debian 1.3 system?  The pcmcia docs state that the default value
> is `default', but on my system, the default value seems to be `'.

The current PCMCIA scheme is stored in /var/run/pcmcia-scheme.  If
this file is empty, then the scheme is default.  To see the current
scheme, use

	cardctl scheme

To set the scheme, say to "work," use

	cardctl scheme work