Re: PCMCIA/kernel problems [scheme]

    > miller5@uiuc.edu (Mike Miller) writes:

    >> Here's a related question - where is the SCHEME variable
    >> set in a Debian 1.3 system?  The pcmcia docs state that
    >> the default value is `default', but on my system, the
    >> default value seems to be `'.

    > The current PCMCIA scheme is stored in
    > /var/run/pcmcia-scheme.  If this file is empty, then the
    > scheme is default.  To see the current scheme, use

    > 	cardctl scheme

Cardctl works fine for me, but my question was about how the
SCHEME variable gets set.  When I insert my network card and
watch some diagnostic messages (echo $SCHEME) that I've inserted
in network.opts and network, I find that the default value of
SCHEME is a null value, not `default'.

What part of the pcmcia package checks /var/run/pcmcia-scheme and
sets SCHEME?  That part doesn't seem to be working for me.  To
fix it, I added checking of /var/run/pcmcia-scheme to
/etc/pcmcia/network.

Mike