dselect problem...

Hi all,

With deselect, I have the Access with ftp with right directory and all then I
pick update which download new packages files from dists/unstable/main,
non-free, and contrib like the way it should. But when I do Install I get this
messages:
Processing status file...
Processing Package files...
Couldn't find packages file for dists/unstable/main distribution (re-run Update)
Couldn't find packages file for dists/unstable/contrib distribution (re-run
Update)
Couldn't find packages file for dists/unstable/non-free distribution (re-run
Update)
Constructing list of files to get...
Approximate total space required: 0k
Available space in /debian: 109334k
Nothing to get.

I don't know why dselect is not see he packages file, which is in
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/* with names Packages.dists_unstable_contrib,
Packages.dists_unstable_main, and Packages.dsts_unstble_non-free. I can't
figure out why this is happening since I have used same steps to update in
another machine without this problem.

Any hint as to how to make dselect see those packages files would be
appreciated,
David