java-applets hang or kill netscape

Hello!

Recently I changed from S.U.S.E 4.4 to Debian 1.3.1. I think it was a
good decision but I have one problem.
If there are java-applets or java-scripts which are sent to my PC
netscape hangs or dies while running them. With my old
Linux-distribution all works fine. I have the same kernel (kernel
2.0.29) and the same netscape (3.0 gold) with the same preferences.
I have tried kernel 2.0.30 and netscape 3.01 but the result is the same.
Has anybody an idea how I can solve the problem? How can I get
error-codes or messages that can help solving? When netscape dies I have
no chance to read any message in the status line and when it hangs there
is no message.
I would be very happy if anybody can help me.

Gerhard

PS. Excuse me if I have sent this twice. Don't know.
--
Gerhard Olejniczak     Tel:    +49-9128-12090
Mozartstr.1            E-Mail: gerhard.olejniczak@nuernberg.netsurf.de