malicious people subscribing others

Hello,

	It has come to my attention that individuals are using the open
architecture of the debian mailing lists to subscribe other individuals.
The most recent incident which has come to my attention involves a
victimized recipient who has several email addresses, some of which
forward to other mailboxes.  This person's name appears on numerous (about
27) of the debian mailing lists; this list of lists is identical to the
last time the person was maliciously added to the lists.

	I ask that anyone involved in this activity cease immediately.
Anyone who has any information about said actions is asked to contact me
by any means desired.  I don't think the Debian project wants to increase
its membership (nor its hate list) by actively subscribing unwishing
people to its mailing lists, nor do I think that the Debian project wants
extra load to be placed on its donated resources.

	I thank you for your cooperation with this matter.

Pete

--
Pete Templin, Debian List Administrator  listmaster@lists.debian.org