Re: Booting to SCSI

On 14 Oct 1997, John Goerzen wrote:

> (an AWESOME combination, BTW <g>)  How do I make the system boot from
> the SCSI drive instead of the IDE drive?
>
> Yes, I know I can make the LILO in the MBR of the IDE drive point to
> the Linux partition on the SCSI drive, and I have done this; but I
> would perfer a better solution.

Try the following:

in the BIOS set the IDE disks to none.
Boot with the rescue disk mounting your SCSI disk as the root device
Edit the lilo.conf to point to the SCSI mbr and run
Reboot

If the BIOS dont find any IDE disk, the SCSI disk will be allowed to boot,
and the kernel will find your IDE disk without problems

Gabriel
--
gabriel@reef.mty.itesm.mx
       NeXTMail OK