Re: Booting to SCSI

> Hey everyone!
>
> Simple (hopefully) question.  I've got an IDE drive on an Tyan
> motherboard with an Award BIOS.  I recently went out and bought a
> Seagate Cheetah drive on a Symbios Logic (aka NCR) 53c875 host
> adapter (an AWESOME combination, BTW <g>) How do I make the system
> boot from the SCSI drive instead of the IDE drive?

Tyan, likewise, supports booting from SCSI in newer versions of the BIOS.
At least for S1563D, it does. Since you do not specify what board you
have, I hope I am not misleading you.

However, IFF your version of the board and Award BIOS will NOT boot SCSI
(again, I suggest you check before doing the appended), you can swap
the Award BIOS for MR-BIOS which _does_ allow such tricks (among other
things, it also allows you to have four floppies, eight IDE drives, RAID-0
and RAID-1 from BIOS and other weird things). I am NOT fond of MR-BIOS for
quite a few reasons (a Chabad prayer embedded in the strings being a very
significant one :-), but it WILL provide a solution.

---MAV

Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/2971208D 1997/09/11 Marc A. Volovic <marc@bard.org.il>