Re: Linux as a mail and intranetserver

At 09:27 15.10.1997, Jack wrote:

>At 02:45 PM 10/15/97 +0500, Dirk Kievith wrote:

>>>Internet Explorer 4.0 Active Desktop is quickly invading the `Dozer
>>>realm <shudder>, but there is Eudora, or the stalwart Navigator or
>>>others.
>>
>>I agree with your <shudder>. IE4 appears to be only uninstalled by a
>>reformatting of the HD. Eudora is very fine, but does not support multiple
>>users on one machine. The same thing for Navigator, if I have understood
>>rightly.
>
>Eudora does support multiple users.  They have a FAQ on this
>somewhere on <http://www.eudora.com>.

Checked Eudora Pro out. They write they support: 'Multiple e-mail accounts feature allows you to send and receive mail from different Internet e-mail accounts, so you can perform all of your correspondence at once.'

What I would need is a support for multiple email users on one or two machines, like Pegasus Mail. The kind of thing they implement in a college I suppose. Thus password protected login would also be necessary. Pegasus does not feature that either.

Suppose I will have to shift to Linux-based-email-packages?? :-)

Dirk Kievith

-- CADD Services & WebDesign	|   dirk@webstudio6.com		--
-- Tel./Fax: +91-413-20620 	|   http://www.webstudio6.com	--