Re: YASQ (yet another sendmail question)

Hi,

I doubt it's sendmail problem (I mean, nothing that a recompile will
solve). It looks like a configuration problem.

Can you send more information to the list? Your hosts names,
your sendmail.mc file, where are you trying to send mail to, etc.

See ya.

E.-

Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler <ujr@physik.phy.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
: Hi,

:  I've a small "intranet" running with debian. In fact, there are only two
:  machines which are not connected to the internet.
:  I don't use a name server on either of the machines, it's not needed.
:  Addresses are read from /etc/hosts.

:  I use the latest sendmail package but can't send mail from one computer to
:  the other. I get something like 'Deferred: p4.: Name server : hostname lookup
:  failure". Well, I don't understand what happens. I configured sendmail to not
:  use any name server (FEATURE(nodns)), so there shouldn't be the cause.
:  Address canonification works fine when I turn it on in sendmail.mc, so
:  there's no trouble with /etc/hosts (ping,telnet,ftp and samba are ok as well)

:  Is this a problem with the current sendmail package? I remember correctly, when
:  I used another distribution a year ago, I solved this by recompiling sendmail.

:  Any ideas what could be wrong or what I could try? Thanks,

:   Ulf.

: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .

--

Eloy A. Paris