Re: Cyrix kernel patch

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Shaleh wrote:

> I have never had an ounce of problem with my chip.  I have a 150+ that
> behaves well.  The problem I have seen is that everyone uses the wrong
> clock setup.  My 150+ is actually a 120Mhz.  The other problem I have
> seen is that not everyone makes motherboards that behave well with
> cyrix/IBM chips.  We use several cyrix/IBM's here at work and have sold
> many IBM 200+'s to customers.  No problems.  I just want my boot to say
> CyrixInstead 6x86 instead of unknown 486.  set6x86 has solved my heat
> concerns in my rather unventilated case.

Do you clock your chip at 120 or 150 then?  Mine is a 166+ (133) clocked
at 166MHz and it works perfectly.  In Linux, I have the Cryix patches
compiled, but only for the reconition.  I ran into trouble when I tried
some of the options.. perhaps because I have a IBM 6x86 instead of Cryix.
Also, I've never used the set6x86 program.  What does it do?  I've never
had heat problems with my high powered 12V jet fan.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .