Re: How to use the Compose key?

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> You don't have to configure rxvt, bash's the one. You need:
> set meta-flag on
> set convert-meta off
> set output-meta on
> in the .inputrc, or set INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc on /etc/profile, and write
> the above lines to /etc/inputrc.
> 				Marcelo Magallón
> 					      ^
> 					      See, compose works!
	Sorry if my question is too sily but what is a compose Key?
	Is it for acentuation ?
	The reason i'm asking this is because I thought it was to
acentuate words and when i tryed to make the .inputrc file it didn't work
   (= - =)                 Ana Graca Silva
     |X|   ags@monte.uevora.pt  http://monte.uevora.pt/~ags
  " Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's
    time to get up. "
              Unknown Author

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .