Re: xcontrib and xproc packages

Martin.Bialasinski@uni-koeln.de writes:

> You could also fetch Paul Seelig's equivs package from
> http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig/debian.html
> This is a dummy package. You can place elf-x11r6lib into "provides:"
> and rebuild it (instructions how to do this should be inside the
> package by now). Then you install it using --force-conflicts.
> This way you will have a package which provides elf-x11r6lib and
> dselect/dpkg won't complain any more.

Actually "--force-conflicts" should not be needed for properly
installing 'equivs'.  I always use "--install" only without any
trouble.  But if it does need such measures than it is either
misconfigured by the person having built it or it simply contains a
bug still unknown to me.  If the latter is the case i'd be glad about
hints and fixes!
                             Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de