Re: Re.: Re: umount: /cdrom: devide is busy.

fuser -m /cdrom
lsof would also work in this case.

Brandon

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Alan Eugene Davis wrote:

> Thank you for the response.  Perhaps I should clarify.
>
> I am using X.  I have several xterms/rxvts  open, and I am running
> several emacs frames.  None of these, as far as I can tell, is
> connected in any way with /cdrom, neither sitting on it, nor
> accessing any file on the cd.
>
> I need to fing a way to find out which processes or xterms is/are
> causing this association to be made?  This happens once in a while,
> that I am NOT in that directory, but I get this message, so something
> is going on that is not seen by me.

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html
                  PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds