Re.: Re: umount: /cdrom: devide is busy.

Thank you for the response.  Perhaps I should clarify.

I am using X.  I have several xterms/rxvts  open, and I am running
several emacs frames.  None of these, as far as I can tell, is
connected in any way with /cdrom, neither sitting on it, nor
accessing any file on the cd.

I need to fing a way to find out which processes or xterms is/are
causing this association to be made?  This happens once in a while,
that I am NOT in that directory, but I get this message, so something
is going on that is not seen by me.

Alan