umount: /cdrom: devide is busy.

This happens to me quite often: a floppy or a cd isn't being accessed,
but I cannot unmount it: umount gives the error I have indicated.

Is there any way to find out what process or which xterm might be
accessing or sitting on a certain device?

Thank you to all who have made my computing journey smoother.

Alan

--

Alan E. Davis
Marianas High School

"   So that I can continue to use computers without dishonor, I have
decided to put together a sufficient body of free software so that I
will be able to get along without any software that is not free. "
                                                 ---Richard Stallman