Re: midi software

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Timothy Phan wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm in the middle of learning to play keyboard/piano.  I'd like to
>   know if there is any MIDI software on Linux that can help me.

Well,  the rosegarden sequencer/music notation package is pretty nifty,
but it not a piano tutorial;  it's geared more for writing/sequenceing

>   I've AWE32 soundblaster card.  I'd like to know what driver do
>   need.  Currently,  my Debian/Linux box can not play any sound and
>   I guessed that I do not have the driver for the soundcard.  So, I
>   would like to know how do I go about install the driver.

cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig

then select the SOUND options and follow the directions.

Good Idea: 	Feeding Stray Cats in the Park.
Bad Idea:	Feeding Stray Cats in the park ... to a bear.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .