midi software

Hi,

  I'm in the middle of learning to play keyboard/piano.  I'd like to
  know if there is any MIDI software on Linux that can help me.

  I've AWE32 soundblaster card.  I'd like to know what driver do I
  need.  Currently,  my Debian/Linux box can not play any sound and
  I guessed that I do not have the driver for the soundcard.  So, I
  would like to know how do I go about install the driver.

  Thanks!