Re: Compiling TWIN

In article <[🔎] 3424AC82.DC858931@laci.net> Paul Serice wrote:
: Has anyone compiled TWIN successfully on a Debian system?
:
: I've followed the instructions (I'm pretty sure), but I
: keep getting errors that ldconfig couldn't find libtwin
: during the make process because it is trying to link with
: the library.  However, I can't link with the library
: until I create it, and I can't create the library, according
: to the make file, until I link it.  So it appears to me
: to be a catch-22.

Well, I don't know anything about twin, but usually you do an "ar" and
"ranlib" as the last step of creating a library. You don't need the
library to create the library - thus no catch-22.

Perhaps it's a Windoze term that you link the library, which might be
equvivalent to running ar and ranlib in Unix?

Does anybody else have any enlightingly comments?

Right,

							MartinS