Re: Upgrade to libc6 ok?

jim_t@pobox.com (Jim Thomas) writes:

> I am considering upgrading to libc6, from my debian 1.3.1 distribution.
> Are there any problems with this, breaks of already installed software
> etc.?  I need to do this as perl-5.004 needs it.

If you have interest in a stable and reliably working system i still
wouldn't upgrade to libc6.  Just take the sources from hamm's
perl-5.004 and simply compile it with the libc-5.4.33 under your bo
system to produce a suitable perl package.  I'm using lots of the
packages provided in hamm but usually compile them because i can't
afford the risc and possible hassle of upgrading to libc6.  But i
really want to use up to date software instead of some stuff already
outdated upon release.
                                Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de