Re: Best Ethernet Card

On 12 Sep 1997, Dale Martin wrote:

> The other card I see mentioned a lot, but never see much as far as
> recommendations, is the Intel EtherExpress 100.  Anyone have any
> thoughts on those?

I have the "Intel EtherExpress 100 Pro", which is different from the
regular one (requires a driver that is not currently distributed with
Debian) and it goes fantastic.  I tried it out on our Cisco Catalyst 5000
switch and got up to 90Mb transfers with a 100MB file.  Even though the
driver I have is only in alpha, we use it in production (on a major
nameserver) and it has never put a foot wrong.

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)