Re: Best Ethernet Card

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Fredrik Ax wrote:
>> The other card I see mentioned a lot, but never see much as far as
>> recommendations, is the Intel EtherExpress 100.  Anyone have any
>> thoughts on those?
>
>I'm using an EtherExpress 100 together with Linux. The only problem
>I've had, was finding the driver! It is (was?) not included in the

Be careful.  My brother had what we thought was the 100.  It turned out
(after searching Intel's Web page) that it was an EtherExpress 100 Pro.
In the email words of author of the EE 100 driver, the EE Pro is different
beast altogether and the driver won't work with it.

	bob
--
Bob Billson, KC2WZ                                email: bob-bee@pobox.com
first year beekeeper, 2 colonies                         kc2wz@intercall.net

  (\       MS-DOS, you can't live with it.  You can live without it.    /)
 {|||8-                 Linux: Resistance is futile ...              -8|||}