Re: cygwin32-17.1 source on Official CD 2

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I looked at www,debian.org and the package
> description says depends on lic5, not libc6.  I'm running essentially
> pure "stable".  Should the binaries using libc5 from hamm be safe with
> 1.3.1?

There shouldn't really be a problem.

On the other hand, I don't really know why you'd want to use a cross
compiler for beta 17.1.  That would imply that you want to use beta17.1
as your target environment on Win95/NT.  The cygwin environment is
under heavy development, and you will find that old releases leave out
all sorts of "essential" features that are in the newer releases.

Beta 18 is much, much better.  Beta 19 will be even better still.

Someday, Windows NT will be a somewhat decent GNU/Unix environment.  Of
course, Linux will be 10x better.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim